SEW in Love with you!

Hello my friends,
 I'm not sure when it started, but as long as I can remember I have been a 'theme' girl.
 
 
Give me a theme and ideas start running rampant in my mind.
 
I'm not sure if it's a blessing or a curse!  lol!
(now that I've confessed this, watch someone give me a theme and my mind go blank)  :)
 
I just finished watching the BBC series, Paradise.  I loved the character, Denise.  I think it was because she always had ideas popping into her head.
 
 
  




 
I enjoyed it so much that I decided to carry on a similar theme with my living room mantle this year.
 
 
SEW in Love With You!
 
 
(I gifted my stitching group friends with the chalkboard clipboards a few years ago for Christmas.  Of course, I made one for myself.)  Old spools wrapped with handmade lace and a heart made from an old cutter quilt) 
 
All it takes is stepping into my sewing room for lots of vintage sewing treasures to help carry out my theme.

 
The Old White Rotary was scored at a yard sale years ago.
 
I made the hearts from old linens.
 
 
I recently found the little shoe at a thrift shop.  I added a bit of stuffing and covered it with a piece of an old quilt.  A pretty pin and a spool charm helped to dress it up.
 
This sweet altered art heart was one of my first give away wins.

 
In high school mom made all of my dresses.  I don't recall, but I wonder if she used one of these to measure my hem?
 

 
I love old buttons, wooden spools wrapped with yummy colors of thread, and pretty much any vintage sewing notion!
 
 
I've always loved the old tomato pincushions.  Can't resist picking them up whenever I run across one.  I found the oil can in OR last summer.  Love the sweet pink pin stripes!

 
I picked up the cute angel at the 'fleology' sale.
 
I draped a faux crystal and paper heart banner from the mantle.
 
Just a little reminder that I am
SEW  in love with you!
 
 
 I wish I could say that I am everybody's 'Dream Girl',
but no;
 
I am your 'Theme Girl'!
 
hugs,
Jann
 
I will be sharing with these lovely parties:
 

 
 
 

28 comments

Deanies Stash said...

I love your mantle. You are a collector of vintage sewing like I am. I love all those things! I could just sit and look at your display as it makes me so happy.

xo Dianne

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Your themed mantle is just SEW adorable, Jann! All your vintage, thrifted, and handmade items are perfect for the theme girl that you are.

NanaDiana said...

I love all your sewing collectibles, Jann. I just love old sewing bits and pieces and have quite a few from my grandmother(s). I sewed all day yesterday- it was a good diversion from 'real life'. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. xo Diana

Anonymous said...

Jann, I love old sewing notions too and have enjoyed seeing your post. Have always wanted to do a display in my home so nice to see the way you did yours. I have my grandmother's sewing machine so have a good start. Thanks for all your great posts. Dawn in Georgia

Mimi said...

Even though I don't sew a lot--it tends to make me say bad words--I LOVE all things related to it. What a beautiful display you have created out of all those wonderful vintage finds! Forgive the pun, but you are "sew" clever! Happy weekend!

Linda W. said...

I love all your theme decor! You are so very creative.

Art and Sand said...

I love looking at all the little details of your themed decor.

I am working on the shelves in my garden house today and they might just get themed!

Rose L said...

You definitely do themes well.

Debbie said...

I love everything about your SEW adorable decor...this one speaks to my heart.

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Hi Jann, I'm up and running now, so sorry for the head ache! I love your vignettes they are wonderful. I like using themes to it has more meaning. I have your sweet little angel to but she had lost a wing. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Jo

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I have loved all your themes since I started following your blog. This one is just the best and I think my most favorite. Sew adorable!! I received my apron today and I am in love with it too. I have three now....I think I have a collection! That could be dangerous! I think it is obvious that you made it, right? I will cherish it...it is hanging in my kitchen. <3 <3 <3

quakerhillfarm said...

I love your sewing machine! All the sewing touches are so nostalgic and truly touch my heart! Have a wonderful weekend, Lynn

lynn cockrell said...

This sewing theme is wonderful, Jann. How smart of you to primp up that already cute little shoe. Anything related to sewing and stitching makes me happy too. All your photos are beautiful.

Katie Mansfield said...

That can of oil is just too cute. I love stuff that really shouldn't have survived being thrown out years ago. It's a darling mantel. I love a good theme too.

GranthamLynn said...

Great collection. I love how you pulled it all together for a beautiful mantle. Thanks for sharing and coming by!

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

I am a theme girl too Jann, how funny. Your mantle is adorable, love the little cherub and your mirror is so much fun! Very cool.
Happy Sunday to you!
Gina

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Your Valentine mantel is adorable, Jann! And that sweet pink and white striped oil can is such an unusual find!

Kelly @ Homespuns 'n Hayfields said...

I love all your vintage pieces and how you put them together, very nice!

handmade by amalia said...

So so pretty, Jann, I like every single detail.
Amalia
xo

Patti said...

Very, very pretty. I never thought to do my mantle in a sewing theme, and I do have lots of vintage sewing things. Very pretty. Thank you!

living from glory to glory said...

Hi Jann, These were all just so cute, all of it would look great displayed in any sewing or craft room! I loved it!
Do you enjoy sewing?
Hugs, Roxy

Pat said...

Jann,
Love your Sew in Love with U theme, dear friend!!!
You have adorable sewing collectibles!!!
Love the hearts make from quilts!!!
Fondly,
Pat

cynthia lee designs said...

Love your sew in love theme!! I see that you have some old vintage sewing machines on displace. I have 4 very old machines out on display in my sewing room.
~Cindy

Kim said...

Of course you are a theme girl AND you do it all with such charm and panache! Your mantle looks a dream and that cute little china slipper.....love, love, love....but then I LOVE them all!!

Jean Tuthill said...

I am a theme girl, too! Once you get a theme then you can run with it! Love your "sew" theme. The mantle looks adorable!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Your themes are SEW cute, Jann. I like the old sewing machine you found. My mother had her mother's for many years although I don't remember her ever using it. She sewed everything by hand. I am more or less a theme girl too. Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
Sandi

Sharon @ Blue Willow House said...

Love your "SEW" theme. The mantel is adorable. I bought a sewing machine but haven't gotten the nerve to use it yet. Thank you for sharing your "SEW" theme at Vintage Charm.

The Charm of Home said...

That is adorable!

Instagram