Home Away from Home. . .Glamping in Miss Dotty

Hello my friends,
I've spent a long hard working, but fun four days prepping, selling, and cleaning up for our final sale of my friends, late
 Aunt Bunnies estate.
 
While getting everything set up my friend Dolly, my granddaughter Say dee, and I spent our nights in her 5th wheel she named, Miss Dotty.
 


 
She has decorated the inside in a retro fashion, and it is
 ever so sweet!
 
Come on in and stay a while. . .
 
There's lots of fun things to look at!  Like this darling dress hanging from one of the light fixtures.  Dolly wore it as a child.
 
 
This was also her childhood coat.  Isn't it the cutest?


 
Did you notice that fun vintage radio behind the sofa?
 
 
Directly across from the seating area is the kitchen.  Small, but very functional.  I love how she mixed a vintage tin with a new Pioneer Woman one.  She also made the curtains from PW dishtowels.
 
 

There was such a unique note tucked inside of that
peanut butter tin.
 
 




Dolly and I couldn't believe that this was his lunch pail.  It is really small.  It makes you realize just how very little food they
had back then.  Makes me ever so thankful for our bounty!!
 
The table is next to the sofa.  It is draped in a vintage tablecloth and a fun teal tiered tray houses her Salty and Peppy collection.
 
The PW butter dish is the perfect colors!
 

Of course Miss Dotty has to have a few dots.  :)

 
This display is not only cute, but handy hanging next to the refrigerator.
 

 
I absolutely love this wax paper and paper towel dispenser!

 
Beaters are easy to grab hanging on a hook.

 
 
Another vintage dress hangs on a mirror.  This one did not belong to Dolly as a child. 

 
Even the white wicker lamp is all dressed up.


 
There are built in shelves on the wall as you walk in.
 
They house some vintage finds.



 
 

A darling quilt made by Dolly is slung over the rocker.  Great for those chilly nights.



I forgot to snap a photo of the bed.  It was covered with a red quilt.
 
I hope you enjoyed your tour of Miss Dotty.  She really was a sweet "Home Sweet Home" away from home.  (wink)



 
Hugs,
 

I will be sharing with these fun parties:

30 comments

Stacey said...

That is such an adorable camper! It's just one more way for a gal to play house. ;)

Carol said...

I love it! The retro look is great for Miss Dotty!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

So cute! All the vintage touches and personal history is wonderful. Love it!

Connie said...

Hi Jann, what a sweet trailer . . . love, love, love it :) Our daughter just purchased an old vintage trailer with many of the original features. I'm looking forward to seeing what she does with it :)

Sarah said...

Jann, Miss Dotty is adorable in all her red vintage goodness. Thanks for sharing this darling glamper!

Susie said...

Jann, That is adorable, the way Dolly has decorated her camper. I loved seeing the note that came with the lunch pail. I bet you did a wonderful job for Dolly. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

happyone said...

So nicely decorated but I was wondering how everything stays in place while traveling!!
Maybe we should all have a small tin to fit our lunch in, we all probably eat too much now a days. : )

Kim said...

Glamping indeed!! I'm amazed you ever left, lovely Jann. Oh my goodness so many sweet red and white pretties to be seen here. Then I saw that quilt!! Be still my beating heart. Oh, I think everyone needs a Dotty in their life....sigh...sigh! Tell me, sweet lady, did any of Aunt Bunnies pretties fall in your handbag and find themselves in your home?? =)

Ellen Page said...

This blog is truly useful to convey overhauled instructive undertakings over web which is truly examination. I discovered one fruitful case of this truth through this blog. I will utilize such data now.Short Train Trip from Bangkok

Louca por porcelana said...

What a beautiful post!Such vintage treasures!Super cute!!!Hugs,Jann!

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh my mercy! I may need to start glamping! LOL! Love this cute, cute, cute camper. So adorable. Oh I too would be "playing house". Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Debby Ray said...

Oh my goodness...this just made my heart beat a little faster...everything I love in a small space! Be still my heart!

Sandi Magle said...

That's a really great selection of kitschy vintage. Love all the red---great for a camper.

Amber Lyon Ferguson said...

Oh this is just too fun!!!

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

It looks so cute decorated in the retro look. it has a very happy vibe about it and welcoming too. I can see some happy times in the future!

Junkchiccottage said...

Just adorable Jann. Love all the retro decor.
Happy Glamping.
xoxo
Kris

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jann,
Absolutely adorable!!Love all the vintage items and of course, you know I love the red!!!!
Thnaks so much for sharing!!
Hugs,
Deb

Rose L said...

Such a lovely retro look. I have seen many of those items during my life!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Oh my goodness, Jann, what fun this glamper was for you and your granddaughter! Thanks for sharing with us, all the cuteness that was there.

Kim said...

What a fabulous space! I could easily spend some time there among all the vintage treasures...and that glorious red!!

handmade by amalia said...

Love it! What a sweet space.
Amalia
xo

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

oh, so sweet! There is nothing like retro in red. I just love all the decorations around.

Jeanie said...

Oh Jann, this is just too adorable for words!

Liz said...

That's such an adorable camper! Love it!

Pam said...

I LOVE all the vintage. So nice, pretty and the red pops....

My thrift store addiction said...

Well, if that isn't the cutest place to camp! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm--pinned!

Katie Mansfield said...

That trailer is the cutest. I love the towel dispenser. So cute.Thanks for sharing at Keep In Touch.

carol@The Red Painted Cottage said...

I love your camper! All the vintage items are beyond wonderful!

Tamara said...

Wow what a fun place... You've made her sooo sweet and charming! And it's summer and time to enjoy.

Tamara x

Anonymous said...

I love this so much! I introduced my husband to the world of glamping through the Maryjane Farms magazine and he couldn't believe his eyes. We are on the lookout for a glamper. :)

Instagram