Long May She Wave Summertime Porch

Hello my friends,
Summer is officially here and I am so excited to be sharing my summertime porch with you!
 
Once Memorial Day arrives you will find me pulling out my flags.
 
The red, white, and blue proudly flies both inside and out.
 

Before I begin, I want to thank my friend, Amber from
 Follow The Yellow Brick Road for putting this patriotic porch tour together for us!

And, if you are hopping over from visiting Carol at Art and Sand; then I know that you have had a wonderful Americana welcome from her California beach cottage.

Be sure and visit all of the other links at the bottom of this post for some fun summertime porch lovin!  :)

 

Nothing says Americana more to me than Uncle Sam and Radio Flyer.
 
I have had this Uncle Sam for years.  He just keeps getting better with age!  :)  Doesn't he look cute perched upon my little chippy red chair?
 
 
The old wagon has seen better days, but it doesn't stop me from loving it!
 
 
The sailor boy is a lid to a cookie jar.  We found it at Aunt Bunnies estate.  We never ran across a bottom to go with it, but I didn't have the heart to just toss it.  I sat it in the wagon next to a Patriotic pot planted in red, white, and blue.  The old piece of fencing was pulled from the garden and the card banner was a thrift find.

 
I set my chippy red ladder next to the table and filled it with some of my small collected containers.
 

 
Galvanized buckets hang from the porch and my old pulley.
 
 

 
Patriotic bells are tucked into the bottom bucket.  The red, white, and blue flowers are just starting to bloom.

 
I brought my iron chair planter around from the back garden.  More flags fly high inside the pot.

 
In the corner of the porch I hung my ribbon flag I made a few years ago on the old white door.
 
 
 
It looked a little bare, so I stood a rustic crate on it's end and topped it with one of my birdhouses.
 
 
This birdhouse was the perfect choice because it has a bell hanging from it's perch.
 
 
The red rocker was a $15 thrift find.  I refreshed it with a new coat of paint as well as a grain sack stripe and number.  The small flag banner was also in the bag of thrift finds where the card one was.

 
June is the 6th month as well as the month where summer officially begins.

 
The last area of the porch is on the left side of the entrance.
 
A couple of years ago I shared a post
 
 
I was asked to recreate it on a live video for Hometalk.  That was a fun experience.
 
More flags and draped bunting in an old ice cream bucket help carry my "Long May She Wave" theme over.


These whimsical bells were another thrift find.  I added some fun ribbon and tied them to an old shutter.
 

 
My friend, Amanda gifted me with this cute door mat.

 
The finishing touch is the wicker basket hanging on the door.  Filled with what?  Of course, more flags and bunting!  (wink)

 

 
Right now there are a lot of purple flowers blooming in the front yard garden.  They blend nicely with the red, white, and blue.
 


Happy summer time from my front porch to yours!!


Now hop on over to Cecilia's My Thrift Store Addiction.
I promise you won't be disappointed!


hugs,
 
I will be sharing with these fun parties:
 
 
 

25 comments

Stacey said...

Jann, your porch is so festive! I love what you've done with all the little details and treasures you've collected over the years. :)

R's Rue said...

Very pretty.

Amber Lyon Ferguson said...

Jann you know my vintage junk hoarding heart is loving this post! I wouldn't have tossed that sailor boy either! All your treasures look so fun. I love that old door on your porch. I think this is the first time I have seen your front porch. What a beautiful home!
Thanks for joining the tour!

My thrift store addiction said...

Jann, I've always admired your ribbon flag and your whole porch is just darling and oozing with vintage treasures! Glad to be touring with you! Blessings, Cecilia @My Thrift Store Addiction

Decor To Adore said...

Your ribbon flag has captured my heart! Such sweet and festive touches Jann.

Kim said...

Your vintage treasures are so charming, Jann, but that ribbon flag is amazing!

Jeanie said...

The ribbon flag is my favorite but I love those galvanized buckets too and how it all comes together. Thanks for showing a wide shot -- it's fun to see how it would look if I was walking up to your door!

Michelle @ The Painted Hinge said...

Oh my goodness, I just adore your porch! I love how you incorporated all the vintage goodies into the patriotic theme, and your ribbon flag is perfect! So happy to be on the Patriotic Porches tour with you!

Cindy@CountyRoad407 said...

What an adorable porch! I love every single piece on there! Great job. And I love being on this tour with you.

Shannon @ Belle Bleu Interiors said...

Jann, all of your patriotic decor looks just beautiful! I love your vintage pieces, and the ribbon flag caught my eye right away! It is so pretty! It has been so much fun being on the tour with you!!!

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Oh Jann it's all so wonderful!I can't even choose just a few things I love, but I'll try hahaha! I LOVE the cookie jar top -- great idea of how to use it. Those vintage bells are drool-worthy and the door with the ribbon flag is beautiful. Family matters and work have kept me from being able to decorate for summer let alone my patriotic so I'll tuck your ideas away for next year :)

Sarah said...

Jann, your front porch is full of patriotic details with all you wonderful vintage red, white, and blue pieces. I'm in love with your Uncle Sam with legs crossed sitting in that cute chair. You know I have a fondness for this guy. There are certainly plenty of them here at Hyacinths for the Soul. Happy 4th of July!

Angelina at Petite Haus said...

Love your porch! I like the vintage rusty radio flyer- don’t have to worry about it weathering outside! Also the pulley buckets full of flowers is awesome!

Chloe Crabtree said...

Jann, you have so many adorable vintage and rustic pieces on your porch, I am not sure which I like the best! Your galvanized pails hanging with plants are great, as is your vintage Uncle Sam! I am so glad to have joined this blog hop and to have discovered Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson! Happy 4th!

Heather said...

I love all of your patriotic goodies, Jann!!! You have created such a fun space that I adore! So happy to join you on this tour. Heather @ Beauty For Ashes

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

I have been waiting to see your Patriotic porch and of course it's positively fantastic! Enjoying all of the symbolism, colors and oh this flag! You know how to ring the bells of freedom in style!
Happy 4th of July to you!
Jemma

Debby Goes Shabby said...

Jann

Your porch is wonderful and so fun, love all the vintage patriotic red white and blue, long may she wave". Happy July 4th!

Debby
Debbygoesshabby.blogspot.com

Creations By Cindy said...

Loving the porch Jann. Oh I do love the red, white and blues! God bless America! Happy 4th. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Connie said...

Your porch look wonderful . . . and shows that you are proud to be an American, me too :) Love the little patriotic bells and the flag that you made. Where do you get your energy?
Love,
Connie :)

Kristin White Arrows Home said...

Jann, I love your Patriotic Porch! Those hanging buckets are so amazing!! I also love that red painted chair! You have so inspired me!! Fun to be on another Hop together!! ~ Kristin www.whitearrowshome.com

The Tattered Pew said...

Oh my word I love your porch! I especially love your galvanized buckets on the pulley! You are so creative! Loved touring with you!

Art and Sand said...

Jann, as usual you have outdone yourself - Uncle Sam and the wagon are my favorites.

Christy @ Our Southern Home said...

What a lovely home and porch! I've got to make a ribbon flag. That's the cutest Patriotic craft I've ever seen!

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

Hi, Jann!

Did you know that the union (stars, blue) of the American flag always goes at the left?

*hugs*
Kelley~

Katie Mansfield said...

How darling! I love the little chair and the banner. Too cute.

Instagram