Everything Done Wright!

 
Hello my friends,
on Saturday I attended the "Hidden Garden" tour with three of my friends.
 
It was not one of their best years, but the Wright garden did everything right in my book!  :)
 


 This was my favorite little nook in the garden.  I love the sweet table and chair and the pillars are to die for!
 
Here are my friends, Joyce, Kathy, and Joanne excited to
 start the tour.
 
 
 
I took this photo inside of their floral shop.
 
 
Behind Wright Floral in Springville, UT is a delightful hidden garden.  A country garden with an old granary built in 1898.
 
 
 
 
There are lovely old Box Elder, Maple, and Pine trees that are 70-80 years old.
 
 
Chad believes in gardening the traditional way; bees, chickens, and wildflower beds mixed with traditional Larkspur, Delphiniums, and Iris.  Antique buckets planted with flowers hang from trees.
 
 
 

 

Tucked behind the granary is a fun place for a picnic or
 just to hang out.
 



 
Take a step down from the platform and you'll find yourself enjoying a ride in an old fashioned swing.  My friend, Joyce was more that happy to give it a go.  Trails meandered through 3 different arbors throughout the garden.

 
Kathy snapped this pic of me taking a pic.  :) This is what you call, wash and go (after surgery) hair do. 
 
 
 Chad did all of the landscaping himself.  When he bought the property 22 years ago, it was landlocked in the middle of a city block.  Old cars, 300-400 tires and campers filled with all kinds of garbage covered the property.  It took him 1 1/2 years to get rid of it all and another four years to landscape it.
 
Ferns hung from arbors.  I thought the way he planted them was very creative.
 
 
 Here was another fun planter filled with succulents.
 
 
I hope you enjoyed touring the Wright garden!
 
hugs,
 
I will be sharing with these fun parties:

17 comments

Junkchiccottage said...

Jann,
Looks like a great garden tour. I agree those pillars are so awesome. Glad you had a fun time with your sweet friends.
Hope you are feeling good too.
Hugs,
Kris

Sandi Magle said...

That looks like a great day---love the gardens, and you all look like you have a great time together...!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Fun place to visit and all the more fun with good friends. Glad you are up and about after surgery!

Susie said...

Jann, I loved seeing all the little hidden places. I love the hanging buckets. The shady places to take a break are so nice too. So good you could have time with your friends. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

21 Wits said...

It is a delightful place, I would enjoy every moment spent there too!

happyone said...

What a lovely place to spend some time with friends. I would have loved to give the swing a try. Ken is going to put up a swing for me up at the new house. : )

Old Time Cindy said...

Love the look of this garden! Has a vintage feel to it.

Kim said...

A lovely garden to meander through. I too love those pillars. Hasn't Chad performed a miracle out of what must have seemed impossible. Love those baskets hanging from the trees. I must remember this idea come Spring/Summer. How lovely you were able to spend beautiful times with your friends in such a calming garden. Xx

Debby in KS said...

It's beautiful!

Leslie said...

Beautiful! didn't you just want to picnic at that perfect picnic table!

Jeanie said...

This is loads of fun, Jann. And I can see what you mean about doing everything right. Four star!

Dawn said...

I love garden tours. Thanks for sharing.

Louca por porcelana said...

I enjoyed it so much!Beautiful landscape and great pics!Hugs!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

So much inspiration here. I love every bit of it.

Creations By Cindy said...

What a beautiful garden tour! Love it and so glad you had so much fun with your friends. So inspirational. Jann...that picnic table would be calling my name to sit a spell, have some sweet tea and drag out the picnic basket. LOL! hugs and blessings, Cindy

cloches and lavender said...

Jann, this such a magical place to visit. I would have been on that swing in an instant. Loved the granary and those trees are beautiful. The trunks and bark even had beauty. How fun to visit

Cindy

Pam Richardson said...

Jann, I always love a good garden tour. Chad is definitely a creative gardener. I am so glad to see you felt like being out and about with your friends! Thanks for sharing at Gardens Galore!

Instagram