Let's Create. . .a Bee Skep and a Banner

Hello my friends,
last week, before the craziness happened, I spent a fun day with my craft group, the "Crafty Bees".
 
 


 
We had a great time seeing our $.97 cent plastic pots from Walmart
turn into a garden bee skep.
 

I didn't think to snap photos of supplies, but it's nothing more than the plastic pot, rolls of rope, (some used 1/4", 3/8", and larger), glue gun, and ribbons and bees for embellishments.


After the bee skeps were finished, it was into the garden for a camera shoot.  :)

 
As you can see, the lavender planted by Kimi's chippy bench was the perfect spot.
 
This photo is compliments of Paula from Pollyanna Reinvents
In fact, I want to thank both Paula and Kimi for sharing their photos with me.  This post contains some of theirs
as well as my own.
 
 
 Kimi and Margo created the tall skeps by gluing two clay pots together.  They also used thicker rope.  So fun!!
 

Shirley's mind is always full of inspiration.  A simple bee skep would just not do for her.  She had to give it a bit of whimsy.  (wink)

 
My bee skep is the small one on the left, Paula's is on the right, and Kimi's is in the background. 
 


Sweet Paula brought each of us a banner kit that she put together.
 
We didn't make them that day, but a few of us have made them up since.  We each added a few things of our own.
 
I've hung mine in my craft room for now.  After all, what crafter isn't the "Queen Bee" in their own creative space?
 


Let's take a closer look.

 
Fun papers and cute bees buzzin around.

 

 
 And notice my little bee skep up on the shelf with my vintage camera collection.

 
Here's a photo Kimi shared on Instagram of hers.
 

 
And here is Paula's.
 
 
Everyone's is a bit different, but all fun!
 
hugs,
 
I will be sharing with these fun parties:

13 comments

Art and Sand said...

Oh how I wish I could pop in for one of your craft group sessions.

Kim said...

Fabulous bee skeps, Jann. You ladies must have the best time at your craft get togethers. Love the banner and those fabulous cameras.

Connie said...

What a delightful post. I love these, both the hives and the banner. So pretty:)

Kim said...

Oh I love the banner! I have a weakness for them, and that is super cute!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

The bee skep is so cute but the banner steals my heart! How sweet to have great crafty friends to have fun with. Once I get my craft room in shape I'm going to make myself a banner. Inspired by this post!!

Louca por porcelana said...

Such fun!You are so creative,everything is beautiful...Lovely pics!Hugs.

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Beeutiful and sweet as honey :-) Love them all!

The Junque Seeker said...

Love both of these projects. Your group always makes the cutest things!

Janice Smith said...

I have some old rope in the garage that I was thinking of throwing out; I guess I may just have found a use for it.
BYW: I had never heard the word “skep” before. Who says blogging isn’t educational? ;-).

cloches and lavender said...

As I told you last week, these are the cutest and beautiful creations. I always enjoy seeing what you ladies come up with when you get together

Your banner is a pretty addition.

Have a super start to your week

Cindy

Jeanie said...

These are so cute! I wish I had your group right here. You're so motivating and inspiring, Jann! Love it!

Debbee said...

Oh Jann, bee still my heart! First it was the full-sized skeps I fell in love with --- after making mini ones for by bee themed wreaths and table decorations a few years ago. But, THEN I saw the Queen Bee banner!!! As Queen Debbee, I lay first claim if you ever want to part with it. It's perfect. All pinned!

Pam Richardson said...

Jann, you must have the best crafting group anywhere. The bee skeps are too cute as well as the banner. I love anything “bee”! Thanks for sharing at Gardens Galore!

Instagram